Pages

Monday 8 November 2010

I CAN COOK: Salmon Panzanella

When it comes to cooking, I feel like I am the child in the class who sits at the back and struggles. It does not come naturally to me, I often find it a boring and monotumous task Many times I will just stare into the pantry with no idea on what to eat or cook (how on earth do those gorgeous little Munchkins on Masterchef do it?)  And if I am going to cook, it has to be quick, easy and not filled with preservatives.

However I found this recipe in Madison magazine today and actually decided to make the trip to the supermarket to make it. It ticks the boxes - healthy, easy and quick to make.  I even took a photo of it below!

Salmon Panzanella (my actual photo)
Here is the recipe (Thanks to Madison Magazine!) of this divine Italian meal:

Preparation 10 minutes
Cooking 10 minutes
Serves 2

1 tbsp olive oil
350g boneless salmon fillet, skin on
Sea salt and cracked black pepper
2 thick slices sourdough
1 garlic clove, peeled and halved
250g punnet baby roma, grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
Handful basil leaves
3 tsp white wine vinegar
2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil

1 Heat the oil in a frying pan over a medium-high heat. Season the salmon fillet with salt and pepper. Cook skin-side down for 7–8 minutes, depending on the thickness of your fillet. Turn and cook for a further 2–3 minutes for medium or until cooked to your liking. Remove from the heat and set aside to rest for a few minutes.

2 Meanwhile, toast the sourdough. Rub the garlic clove halves lightly over both sides of the toasted bread and tear into bite-sized pieces. Place in a large bowl with the tomatoes, basil, vinegar and extra-virgin olive oil. Squeeze the salad while combining the ingredients to release the tomato juices and allow them to be soaked up by the bread. Season with salt and pepper.

3 Remove the skin of the salmon and either discard or roughly chop and add to the salad. Flake the fish and add to the salad; toss gently and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think - I love it & I'm excited by it! And will try to comment on your blog too!

Related Posts with Thumbnails