Pages

Wednesday 3 November 2010

MY MELBOURNE CUP PHOTOS

Yes, I'll admit it - I wore the same dress to the Melbourne Cup as I did to Cox Plate - naughty, naughty! But I am going to 4 of the big days this year so thought I had to economise somewhere along the way and I quite like the brightness of the red dress in photos. The day was terrific, about a week and a half before I brought reserved seat tickets that were the last ones left on the Ticketmaster website. And to my absolute surprise we were seated right opposite the finish line. In my opinion, we could not have had better views of the action, especially as it was the 150th anniversary of the cup. Luckily, I had placed a bet on all three winners from doing my research the night before finding out who the big punters, people who put the likes of $800,000 on a horse, were betting on. 
Shivering in the rain
It bucketed down before the big race, so Caitltn and I had to snuggle up under the umbrella
The sea of umbrellas came up when it rained before the main race
Some young boys prefer to be drenched and are too cool to bring umbrellas
Just a photo taken in the ladies toilets
There goes Americain

View from the our seats of the finishing line

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think - I love it & I'm excited by it! And will try to comment on your blog too!

Related Posts with Thumbnails