Pages

Thursday 30 September 2010

LIONEL RITCHIE: What!?!

Why on earth did they choose Lionel Ritchie to sing at the second Grand Final on Saturday?

I can imagine a group of old AFL directors sitting around together talking about their CD collection and choosing Lionel Ritchie from that!

Had a bit of blonde moment and thought that Lionel Ritchie was the guy who sings Sexual Healing but google imformed me that was actually Marvin Gaye.

There are more people who are a little miffed by it than me, this is an excerpt from a HeraldSun.com.au article:

It seems there are plenty of people out there who think the commodore of croon is not the one we're looking for when it comes to our AFL grand final entertainment.


''I'm pretty surprised they didn't go for an Australian act,'' said Nick O'Byrne, general manager of the Australian Independent Record Labels Association. ''There's an opportunity to get so many great local bands, and in the midst of (the city council's) Melbourne Music festival, and the day after the AIR awards, which are real celebrations of local music, it's a bit laughable really.'' 

Who would you like to see play at the Grand Final?

Personally I think it should be someone Australian too, these would be my personal picks if I had to choose quickly!

1. Zoe Badwi - she is cool, fun, full of energy and great dress!
Zoe Badwi Zoe Badwi attends the Sunday Herald Sun Snaparazzi Spring Racing Party at Riva on October 23, 2009 in Melbourne, Australia.

2.  Sia Furler - she is an amazing singer with a great vibe about her. I liked her better though when she didn't have a fringe.

3. Michael Paynter - he is a pretty good new singer. Needs to tone it down on the facial hear though!

4. The Temper Trap - hard to go past these guys! And their music has some help from AFL who used their music in their promotional adds.

1 comment:

  1. lol that pic of lionel cracks me up! I agree they should have gone with an aussie, my pick would have been michael xx

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think - I love it & I'm excited by it! And will try to comment on your blog too!

Related Posts with Thumbnails