Pages

Friday 24 September 2010

SNACK TIME: Easy Frittata

I am honestly not much of a cook at all - when it comes to cooking I feel like the child in class who is always behind and who just can't seem to grasp anything.
Yet a recipe that I can recommend that is easy, fast and hard to stuff up is this Easy Frittata with thanks to the Herald Sun. You can find the official link to it here.  I have cooked this more than three times and must say it is healthy and you can vary the ingredients quite easily without it turning out like dog food.
Guy Grossi's frittata

VEGETABLE, RICOTTA AND BASIL FRITTATA 
Serves 4
Ingredients
50g zucchini (diced)
50g butternut pumpkin (diced)
50g button mushrooms (halved)
50g potato (diced)
Half an onion (diced)
10 cherry tomatoes, halved
1/4 bunch rocket leaves
25g ricotta cheese
10 leaves of basil
5 whole eggs
50ml milk
Salt to taste
Roughly dice all vegetables and saute in a frying pan until tender. Place in an oven-proof baking dish. Sprinkle broken pieces of ricotta, cherry tomatoes, rocket and basil leaves over the top. Mix together eggs and milk, season, then pour over the vegetables and mix through.
Bake at 180C for 30 minutes. Leave to cool for 10 minutes, then serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think - I love it & I'm excited by it! And will try to comment on your blog too!

Related Posts with Thumbnails